Beauty Essentials: High End Dupes + Reviews

Leave a Comment







Every girl has a few tried and true items she must have with her at all times. No questions asked. If you were to take a peek into my everyday make up bag, these are the four things you’d find: 



1) Primer



For me, this product most closely resembles Smashbox Photo Finish Primer in both its physical appearance (both are transparent, fragrance-free and have a thin consistency) and performance. I think the Smashbox primer works a bit better for me personally, but I think Baby Skin is the closest drugstore primer yet to Smashbox.

Overall, this primer definitely helps minimize the appearance of my pores and, true to its claims, it really does "blur" them. It also helps create a smoother base for my foundation




2) Concealer 





 Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer (my all time favourite) is a dupe for the high end Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer.
It is a slightly more budget alternative, costing £5.99. Whilst the shade range may not be as impressive as Nars, for a drugstore offering it is quite impressive that the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer comes in six different shades.
I used two shades from this brand Shade 15 and Shade 20 as my skin tone varies a lot. Sigh.



3) Loose face powder

It’s the worst when you need it and don’t have it.




Let’s talk about packaging
Urban Decay outdid themselves this time with the cute little pot. They made it look so sturdy and luxe. Even the inside of the lid is so intricately designed with “UD” embossed around the 4 tiny powder dispenser holes. 

The Powder
The powder is so silky and finely milled, and really blurs out all imperfections, pretty much like a real-life photoshop. The result of the finish is very similar to the NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder, except that this one has got some coverage. 

What I love about it:
-  The slight coverage from the powder is lovely.
-  A little goes a long way.
-  It is so finely milled and effectively blurs imperfections, pores and lines.
-  I love using it on my entire face. However, if you want to use something for the under eyes I would recommend to use one shade lighter to this to give you that brightening effect.

I actually don't have a drugstore dupe for this yet but if you guys have found one, please do let me know on the comment section below. 

4) Pink Lipstick

You never know where the day will take you! 


HD Rose is a soft, muted, more cool-toned pink. I have since seen it swatched on other blogs looking like a much prettier purple-toned pink, but on me it looked more peachy-corally pink. Personally, I think this lipstick is a dupe for the MAC Lipstick.

It feels amazingly light on the lips, you can completely forget that you’re wearing it, yet the colour lasts really well and also layers beautifully. 

I love the fragrance too – it’s really fruity and summery without being over-powering. 
I am super excited to play with a few more shades!




[ Swatch ]





[ On my lips ]





What is your Favourite Drugstore Dupes for High End products? 




April

xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment